Sunday 12 June 2011

Our first and last... :(

Ahh, I finally got to have a sleep in today, after literally months without a proper sleep-in. :L 

This Road Trip was the first Music Road Trip that I went on, and it will also be my last. :( At least there's still camp next year. (Y) This trip also had many firsts for me. For example, I...
  • broke my first drumstick! (Actually, it wasn't me... but still. It's broken!)
  • dropped a stick (as far as I know, it hasn't happened before...)
  • dropped a cymbal. It was LOUD.
  • felt tired at 9pm. It was insane.
  • woke up at/around 6am every morning for 4 days. Barely...
And last but not least...
  • Morbidly humiliated myself by stuffing myself (badly) with a sleeping bag. That is something I won't be doing again. :P
~~~~~

Another thing that I don't usually do is actually watch movies. I don't really think I'm the 'movie' type... but if I DO watch a movie, I try to pay attention, and I tend to talk a lot. You've been warned.

Naturally, when you're on a bus for several hours at a time, people tend to put on movies to watch. I think I've watched enough movies in the past week to last me a life time! I'll write up a list of all the movies we watched. In order...
  • The Incredibles
  • The Proposal
  • Tangled
  • Step Up
  • Finding Neverland (We didn't finish it! Evil bus driver... ==')
  • Coraline
  • Legally Blonde
  • Home Alone, and
  • Step Up 3, which we didn't finish either! >:(
I think I missed a few... Anyways, it was pretty intense. Everyone was quite into all the movies, and I must confess, it was pretty funny how everybody protested when the teacher/bus driver went to turn off the unfinished DVD. :L

Watching Step Up at 8 in the morning :L
Another funny thing to see was everyone passed out on the bus in the mornings... I'm sure there are many many blackmail photos floating around, just waiting to spring upon their unsuspecting victims! I bet I've got some, too - I woke up rather suddenly to see my teacher smirking at me... *sus*


7:30am on Wednesday (8/6). I lol-ed.

~~~~~

When we performed for the kids at the schools, most of them were clapping and enjoying themselves for most of the pieces. Strangely, though, they didn't seem to enjoy the Stage Band songs. One would think that listening to a fairly lively version of 'Let's Get Loud' (yes, the J.Lo one...) would get people up on their feet, tapping their toes, or at least smiling, but nooooooo, the kids just looked at us with an unamused look. Like this. Literally. 

Seriously?! It's fun! Why don't you like it?! Why are you just looking at us like we're aliens?! Come on! >:/
At least the teachers seemed to enjoy it... and I know for a fact that we did! :D


~~~~~


Omg. You'd never think it would be possible, but by Wednesday, heaps of people were craving savoury food. It actually is quite the problem when everyone brings packets of lollies and chocolate, but no-one thinks to bring chips... Well, not enough, anyways. The funny thing is that on Thursday, when we were given time to run around Dubbo and go 'shopping, we just walked around looking for somewhere that sold hot chips. We couldn't even find that, so we ended up having Subway. Strangely enough, there were literally no fast food outlets anywhere we stopped, besides Subways, which were everywhere...


Another problem that I've come across now is that I can't stop eating! Seriously!! It's horrible! I look for food, eat it, then think about what to have next... It's really weird! I don't know if it's because of the lack of nutritious food in the past week, or if I'm trying to regain my spent energy due to the excessive cold... o_O" I'm also craving... pasta. More specifically EasyMac, but no difference, any pasta would be good. ^^


~~~~~

Anyways, I think that's pretty much the gist of Road Trip. I'm sure we've all learnt a few valuable lessons and gained some experiences inoublieable. Fun fact: mice like junk food too. And with that, I bid you farewell!

"Come on, let me see you shake your tail feather!"~

No comments:

Post a Comment